In a few words
We represent the widely understood Central Europe energy sector (electricity generation, distribution and transmission, renewables, gas, oil, heat generation and distribution, chemical industries, etc.), universities and scientific institutions.
(Thursday) 09:30 - 14:30
Berlaymont Building, Schuman Room
Rue de la Loi 200, Brussels, Belgium
The Central European Day of Energy (CEDE) is an annual event organised by Central Europe Energy Partners (CEEP) in cooperation with the European Commission DG Energy. CEDE aims to consolidate a regional energy platform that reflects the on the development of the European energy policy. Its purpose is to highlight the accomplishments of regional stakeholders as well as the challenges they face. It is crucial to discuss how Central European countries are modernising their energy sectors in order to contribute to the EU energy and climate targets and comply with the Paris Agreement, as set out in the draft National Energy and Climate Plans.
The fourth edition of CEDE entitled “Pathways of energy transition in Central Europe” will focus on the different strategies pursued by several Central European Member States. In this regard, CEDE’s role is to elaborate on different national perspectives and examine how strategies are translated into particular business activities of companies. During the event a policy paper on the dynamics of energy transition in Central Europe will be presented.
Organizer: Central Europe Energy Partners (CEEP) in cooperation with the European Commission DG Energy
Learn more: https://www.ceep.be/cede-2019/
- Polish PGE starts talks with Danish Ørsted regarding offshore projects in Baltic sea November 14, 2019
- Extension of European Single Intraday Coupling (SIDC) to Central and Eastern European countries November 14, 2019
- The European Commission adopted the Fourth Lists of Projects of Common Interest (PCI) November 12, 2019
- CEEP Report (Q3) 2019: Pathways of energy transition in Central Europe October 30, 2019
- REPORT: Implementation of the funding mechanisms in the fourth phase of the EU ETS: state of play October 18, 2019