Our speakers will reveal the updates and future challenges on the Capacity Market and the block of regional case studies will help you to learn more about different capacity mechanisms and its implementation.
Attendees will have the opportunity of networking with experts in the field while learning and sharing analytical views of the topic address the main changes and regulatory recommendations for capacity mechanism with Industry leaders, transmission system operators, representatives of DSOs, professionals from governments and researchers.
In order to maintain a high level of security of supply, capacity mechanisms are proposed as a measure to ensure the desired supply level by encouraging investments from both supply and demand side.
Since more renewables are integrated into the grid, closer regional and European integration must grow at the same level as Renewable energy. Reality shows that renewables are growing faster and there is still the need for better investment in grid infrastructure. Since only 5 percent of EU investment can cover the needs, companies have to find smart methods in order to ensure stable growth of the grid.
Key Practical topics of the Summit:
- The latest developments on capacity mechanisms from a European perspective
- European Resource Adequacy Assessment: Towards the Implementation of the Clean Energy Package
- Evolution of the French capacity mechanisms
- Evolution of CRMs in the US
- Developing common rules for cross border participation
- Adapting strategic reserves to the requirements in the Electricity Regulation
- Overview of recent capacity auction results
- Evolution and Status on the Portuguese CRM within the Iberian Markets
- Updates on the Danish electricity Market
- Status on the Belgian CRM with a focus on the least-cost design approach followed
- Great Britain’s Capacity Market: challenges & opportunities
- Observations on the proposed Greek capacity mechanism