The theme of this energy event will be ‘Exploring the Energy Union: a policy-law-finance approach, with keynote introductions by Christopher Jones (Deputy Director-General, DG ENER, EC) and Jean-Michel Glachant (Director of the Florence School of Regulation) on the Energy Union, forthcoming developments, and the status of the EU’s energy policy.
Some 30 expert speakers will address the major issues in: energy security, integrated internal energy market, renewable energy sustainability and energy efficiency, decarbonisation of the economy. The conference will end with a special keynote presentation on the outcome of the COP-21 conference
of December, 2015: ‘The way forward for energy climate in Europe’.
CEEP is an official media partner of the conference.
SOME CONFIRMED KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- Deputy Director General, DG ENER, EC
- Holder of the Loyola de Palacio Chair
- Director of the Florence School of Regulation
- Scientific Adviser - Master in International Energy, Paris School of International Affairs, Sciences Po
- Senior Expert for International Energy Relations, DG ENER, EC
- Head of the Oil and Gas Department, Energy Research Institute, ERI RAS
- Director, Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie
- Senior Research Fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Managing Director, Head of Energy and Natural Resources Business Group, EBRD
JAN GERRIT WESTERHOF
- International Trade Negotiator for the EU, Trade and Investment in Energy, DG TRADE, EC
- Secretary General, ENTSO-E
- Executive Secretary, Gas Infrastructure Europe (GIE)
- Head of Unit, Internal Energy Market, DG ENER, EC
- Senior Programme Manager, Energy Efficiency Unit, International Energy Agency
- Director for new and renewable sources of energy, energy efficiency and innovation, DG ENER, EC
- Secretary General, EDSO for Smart Grids
- Director, Power Programme, European Climate Foundation
- Director General, Climate Action, EC